Monday, June 2, 2008

Our First (real) Camping Trip

The piece de resistance!

Chocolate or poop?(refer to the movie Baby Mama) Pudding appetizer. Couldn't wait for her dinner to cook.

My mom, dad, and sister Jenny and fam came up.

"Show us your dinner." Not exactly what I meant, but it'll work.

Our new(way too big) tent. At least we won't have to buy a new one when we have kids.

Tin foil dinners! Yum!

Brandon and Gracie by the fire


Last year for Brandon's bday I thought it would be a great idea for everyone to get him camping gear, and they did. We now have everything we'll ever need for camping. A year later, Brandon has been complaining to me about getting all that gear that we're never going to use. Well, I thought it was hight time we did so. We packed up all of our stuff and headed up to Nun's Park in Provo Canyon this weekend (I know, not too adventurous right? But good for our first time.) We got a great spot that was away from everyone else and big, really big. So big that my family decided to bring the motorhome up and camp with us. (It was fine because we were already expecting them to come up for tin foil dinners and a campfire.) We had an amazing time that ended with a hike to Bridal Veil Falls and swimming at my mom's pool the following day. We plan on going again next weekend to AF canyon with my sister's family. I knew that camping gear was a great idea.

4 comments:

Kari and Joel said...

Fun!! We used to go camping all the time! We have not yet gone camping here in Florida. It will be a little different without the mountains but there are lots and lots of woods and trees. We were just talking about going the other day.

Alissa said...

Fun camping trip! Your family is so cute. Aren't nieces the best?

The Rust said...

Yea! I love that you went camping. DOn't you love tin foil dinners. Everything always tast good when your camping.

Celeste said...

That looks like fun! The weather has been so cold, windy, and very rainy here that Blake and I haven't been able to go camping in ID yet. Tin foil dinners are the best for sure.