Sunday, January 11, 2009

Oucharoonie

So, last Spring I was playing a little frisbee (one of my favorite things to do) and I jammed my thumb. Not a big deal right. I mean, just think of how many times you've jammed your fingers. Well, I remember this time hurting particularly bad, and ever since then it's been a bit sensitive.
I told my family it had been hurting a little, but everyone concluded that since I could move it and it wasn't black and blue I was fine. Well, right before Christmas, when shoveling season started, my thumb started hurting really bad. Anything I touch, grab, or come near hurts me. My mom finally convinced me to see a doctor and well, my jammed thumb, wasn't just jammed.
It turns out my thumb actually cracked a little when that fateful frisbee hit causing some calcium to leech out. And from that a bone spur formed. Basically, I have accumulated a new bump of bone on my thumb that causes a lot of pain. And what's the cure for this you wonder... Just what I was afraid of. Nothing. My body is supposed to suck it back up over time. Like 2 years time. Great.

5 comments:

7 Baldwin's said...

OUCH! I hate hate hate when the diagnosis is do nothing- it's just so rude. I mean with how much we all pay in deductibles and what not they should have a magic-drink-this-and-it'll-be-all-better-cure for everything by now! haha Well sorry about the thumb- good luck! :)

Romney said...

That's a bummer! Hopefully it gets feeling better soon! It looks like you guys had a fun Christmas too!!

Jillian said...

Oh that's sad! Sorry to hear that! Is it feeling any better though?

jp said...

ouch!
cool that you got a studio, but where are you?
Are you going to school this sem?
I havent seen you in any classes?

Celeste said...

That is too bad Amber! Hey we can't wait to go boarding with you two in a month!