Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A little more personal

I usually don't get this personal, but I'm super stressed and need to vent a bit. Here goes:
1.Brandon's internship is ending so we will have no income from him until summer.
2.We have a house.
3.I have been working for a company that I absolutely love and wish they had a full time spot for me, but they don't because they're a newer company. So right now, it's just a few times a month I get to work for them, which isn't going to pay the bills.
4.I just accepted a full time job with another company(that pays much less) that could potentially make me want to pull all my hair out. And p.s. I'll be working all of Northern Utah by myself, so (a) I'll get no days off until June because there's no one to work for me, and (b) I'll have to be on location at 6:30 am every day, even if it's in Logan(2 hours away.)
5. I am supposed to shoot Feb 3-13 for the first company at night. I start training for the second company Feb 3 in the morning and work everyday from then on. Meaning, I will be working from 5:30 am to 11 pm from Feb 3-13. Awesome.
No, not really awesome, that was a lie.

At least there are 2 good things to note:
1.I realize it's a huge blessing that I got a full time photography job(can't complain too much about that.) Especially right now when Brandon's last day is this Friday, and I start next week. I've been praying for something to happen since I knew his job would be ending, and it did. And perfect timing too.
2. I appreciate Brandon working so hard all the time to support us and pay our mortgage. That's a huge weight to carry.

Sorry. I'll try to shorten my future rants.

3 comments:

Kari and Joel said...

I'm sorry you're so stressed! That's tough having to work all the time. I feel your pain, I am stuck with a fussy newborn and an almost 2 year old who throws tantrums all day all the time by myself. One bad thing about having no family near by.. (there's my venting! ;0) Things will work out though and you'll get through the busy time before you know it and Brandon will be working again. In the mean time I'll keep you in my prayers!! :) Congrats on getting a full time photo job!! that's great! I wish I lived closer so we could hang out once in a while!

Unknown said...

yay for money! and for us working together guess we are spending another saturday together! sure am excited :)

Alissa said...

Life and money get so stressful at times. I totally feel your pain about working ALL DAY LONG. I had to do that too when I worked retail--it sucked!

I'm sure everything will work out though. It always does.