Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dash Point at low tide

We went to this cool place called Dash Point Beach. It was extreme low tide so we got to see a ton of crazy things. There were lots and lots of starfish, thousands of live sand dollars, different kinds of crabs, a nudibranch, and geoducks(gooey-ducks. I will do another post about them because they're so bizarre, and disgusting!)

One cool thing we discovered was water pockets in the sand. It was so odd. We kept seeing random bursts of water spring up here and there and wondered what the heck was going on. We realized they were coming from little sand mounds that, when disturbed, shoot water 6 feet into the air. It was so fun to find sections with tons of the mounds because we could spray each other(and ourselves.) Brucey sprayed himself many times. It was hilarious.

We've made many good guy friends up here. I get to cook for them or make brownies whenever they have days off, and we get together and play games for hours and hours. It's been great. I get sad when they have to go because I know I won't see them again for a week. I'm trying to keep myself busy while they are away. I miss Brandon so much when he leaves. I couldn't help but shed a few tears when they left yesterday morning (for 2 weeks.) At least I have Brucey to keep me company.


sand dollars

Hadley, Jon, and Brandon looking for critters

Brandon holding a mini starfish

One of the many starfish left by the receding tide

Hadley trying to get the crab to grab his hat

Hadley

Brandon and a big critter

Brandon, Jon, Hadley, and Joey

Cute little crab. Looked like a leaf. Love him.

Joey with the dead "octopus", which was actually a giant many legged starfish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!