Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Kurt Bestor and Apostles

What a crazy night I just had. I went to the Kurt Bestor Christmas concert with my mom and sister and absolutely loved it! I have seen him 4 or 5 times already and will hopefully continue to see him over and over.(if you go, don't go to te one at UVU because it sounds terrible. Abravanel Hall sounds amazing.) I was pleasantly surprised when I found out Jenny Oaks Baker was his special guest this year. If you don't know who she is, get to know her. She is an extremely talented violinist that solos all over the country and played 1st chair in the National Symphony Orchestra. She has a great church CD and her Christmas album is to die for. Seriously, she's incredible. Brandon and I saw her live last Christmas and fell in love.

Anyways, right before the concert started I noticed a man about 5 rows in front of me that looked familiar. After doing a double take I realized it was... Elder Uchtdorf! Right in front of us!!! Then, during the intermission I noticed a bald man talking to him. It was none other than Elder Oaks!!!

I about peed my pants. I couldn't stop staring at them! And then on the way out after the concert, Elder Oaks walked right past me. I was like 2 inches from him and oh so tempted to reach out and touch his jacket, but I refrained because he seemed like he was in a hurry and that would've been weird.

Just thought I'd share.

4 comments:

Jillian said...

Oh my goodness--that's amazing! How fun for you Amber!

Lyndsey said...

Funny story: I met Kurt Bestor & his daughter at Devin Dastrup's house.. I shook his hand!

Very cool that you saw those guys!

Alissa said...

That's so crazy! How cool!

Mary said...

Elder Oaks was probably there to hear his daughter, Jenny Oaks Baker, play.