Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Powerful Experience

Today, Brandon and I were eating dinner at a fast food restaurant. We were just chatting and enjoying our food when an older woman leaned over our table. She looked to Brandon and said,"I just had to come over and tell you you look just like my son," pause,"that passed away. You have the same build and walk the same. If I could just... hug you... or hold your hand..." I've never seen such a look of desperation and pleading.

At this point I was fighting back tears and so was she. Neither Brandon nor I knew what to say. She gave him a hug and asked his name. When he told her, tears spilled silently down her cheeks, and she thanked him and walked away. Her husband was crying too.




You never know who needs you.

8 comments:

Bobbilynn said...

Oh my goodness. That is such a sweet story. I would have cried too

The Rust said...

Wow, that is awsome!

Celeste said...

That is crazy!

JP said...

ohhh

Mike and Jackie said...

Thats pretty amazing! nice story

The Heiner Family! said...

Wow! That is amazing! It's so true you never know who needs you! Thanks for sharing!

Melinda said...

Amber!! I am excited to see you on Saturday.
Text me when you are free.
Also, what a powerful story. I have one on my blog listed under "tools and instruments" or something like that. Check it out.

The Dickinson's said...

Wow that is a cool experience.