Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight Review

Well, I'm not sure how I feel about the movie. I felt like they changed a ton of stuff, added some cool stuff, combined way too much dialogue, and had some lame music throughout the whole thing. However, if I had it I would immediately watch it again right now, because of course, it's Twilight. I thought Bella was good, but Edward wasn't as good as he could've been, which is a reverse of how I thought it would be. And, before I saw it I thought Jacob was cast wrong, but now I think he was right on. So overall I really enjoyed it and it makes me want to start reading it again(for the 4th time. Yikes!)
Something crazy that happened was... Brandon loved it! He has refused to read the books since day 1, but now, we're going to listen to the book on tape on our way to Rexburg for Thanksgiving. Yeah! Let me know what you thought of the movie.

One more funny thing. Brandon said that Jasper looked like Edward Scissorhands(the hair.) I have to agree.

6 comments:

Alissa said...

I loved it! I think I like it even more than the book just because it's not quite as cheesy.

I liked Jacob, but his hair was hideous! The funniest part of the movie was everytime they showed Jasper. I thought Edward was cuter once I saw him acting.

Yay Twilight!

Lyndsey said...

I have a love hate relationship with this movie. I thought it was a little cheesy at first, but from the baseball scene on was good. I do have to agree that some of the music was really weird. I thought they totally could have made it longer & expounded on the other characters. I kept laughing at Jasper's hair & every time I saw Carlisle I thought of "Aman Duh!" from 'Can't Hardly Wait'. I thought Billy was a little ridiculous too, "I'm down w/ the kids". But at the same time I will most likely see it again sometime this week! Haha!!

PS- I definitely thought James was the hottest =)

Bobbilynn said...

I liked it. I thought they did what they could with the budget they had and the book was PACKED with stuff you could never fit into a 2 hour movie.

I wish they would have developed bella and edwards realationship more. I felt like when he said "You are my life now" I didn't believe it because they didn't show us all the time they spent together like they did in the book. So I didn't really feel like they were suppose to be together, which will make it hard for me to be so sad when Edward leaves in New Moon cause I didn't feel their undying love. Make sense?

I heard on the Radio today though that they actors and actresses have signed contracts for New Moon and Eclipse.

Celeste said...

I am going to see it today with Shelly... i hope its good.
I can't wait to see you in like in two days!!!!

Jillian said...

Warning for you Amber, the book on tape (at least the first one... I haven't heard the rest) is actually quite dull. The voice they cast for it hardly does the inflection right and is quite monotone. So don't let him get distracted by the lady's voice.

Unknown said...

i LOVED the movie. i thought the soundtrack was excellent, in fact i can not stop listening to it. i was very skeptical about it all, bella, edward, the whole movie. but i figured as robert pattinson acted like edward i would fall in love and oh did i. i absolutely loved the part when he drives her to school and he lets her out of the car and he has ray-bans on, best ever!! anyway i just always know that a movie is different than a book so i don't expect it to be as good. i LOVED it, can't wait to see it a 3rd time.