Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Breaking Dawn

I finished the book yesterday. Here's my review on it(I'll try not to spoil anything, but if you haven't finished the book yet, don't read this just in case I get overexcited.)

1.I totally loved how everything turned out.

2.It was a bit longer than it could have been.

3.I wanted to rip Bella and Rosalie's heads off for 1/2 the book, but loved them by the end. Not so much Rose though. She's still a biddy.

4.Finally those 2(B+E) get friendly! It's about time! I almost died laughing imagining Edward biting a pillow.

5.I didn't like books 2+3 at first because of the whole Jacob+Bella thing, but after reading #4, I have renewed faith in Jacob and Bella(not as a couple, obviously! Edward rules!)

6.Not a huge fan of the name Renesmee, let alone Nessie.

7.Garret is amazing! Hello, talk about a shockingly amazing speech. Who saw that coming? Genius.

8.I love the cottage. That makes everything even more perfect.

9.I liked how the book showed Jacob's perspective too. That was a nice change.

10.Twilight will always be my favorite of the series because it makes me the most giddy. I love the tension between Bella and Edward. I'm giddy just thinking about it!

11.I'm a little confused about how Nessie came about. I didn't think Edward had it in him, literally.

12.I'll admit it. I cried out of joy and sadness many a time while reading. When Edward called Jacob something special(I'm trying to be vague) at the almost fight, I burst into tears.

13. I'm glad things worked out with Jacob, and also that Bella didn't feel the same about him, after. Also, I'm glad that Jacob is part of the Cullen family too now.

That's all I can think of for now. So when you finish the book and make your assessment, please leave your comments! I want to know what everyone thought about it.

5 comments:

Alissa said...

I loved it! I even loved Jacob's book. It was refreshing to hear his perspective and it picked up right where Bella's left off. The whole imprinting thing freaked me out at first but it makes perfect sense. I'm also glad Bella turned into a vampire pretty early on in because we've been waiting four books for it!

JP said...

I loved it too.
I thought the way Jacob and Bella ended was perfect, everyone happy.
I know what you mean you were mad half the book, I went to the midnight party at borders(picture are on my blog) and stayed up reading for a few hours, I went to bed just when I found out she was prago. I had upsetting dreams all night. It all worked out though. see you at school
soon enough

Unknown said...

hehe i finished this book the other night, i intentionally took longer to read it because i was not ready to be done with the series yet. but i have to say i loved it to, freak i need an edward and i was glad how things worked out with jacob because he was seriously pissing me off. (as was bella) but i also guessed about the imprinting i knew something like that had to happen! so good :)

Bobbilynn said...

I just finished it and wanted to come read your post since i was afraid of spoilers before. I took my time with it, I wanted to enjoy the last book and take it in chapter by chapter. I loved it! I loved how everyone was in there own perfect place. Jacob had Nessie, she had him. Bella had Edward and Even Charlie ended up happy with Sue! It was perfect! I didn't enjoy Jacobs book at first cause it came at a intense part but i was happy for it after I read it.

The Heiner Family! said...

I haven't had time to read it all yet, I will let you know what I think, I am not even half way, but am hoping that I will be able to catch up on the plane this weekend.