Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Alpine Loop/Cascade Springs

Cute boy

Cascade Springs

Pretty tree and sky at Cascade Springs

Squinter


Saturday morning Brandon and I were thinking about doing a fun outdoor activity. I've been wanting to take him to Timp Caves for a while, but he wasn't feeling up to it this time. I also wanted to include my mom(who just had surgery on both hands and can't do a whole lot) and sister Alison (who has a 2 year daughter and is prego.) We finally decided on an activity that would suit everyone, driving the Alpine Loop. If you don't know, the Alpine Loop is a 20 mile stretch that goes from Provo Canyon to AF Canyon.

I don't remember the last time we did this, and I wanted to take lots of pictures while the wild flowers were in bloom so I was really excited. After meeting at my mom's in Orem, we all crammed into the car with water bottles and snacks and headed up Provo Canyon. Right before we got to the turn to go up to Sundance, Alison's mother-in-law called and said she was locked out of her house. What?! We were already in a hurry because Rylie was getting sleepy(she usually naps for 2+ hours,) and we wanted her to see the sights. So we turned around, let the mother-in-law in her house, and headed back up the canyon. This quick trip we'd planned suddenly turned into a few hours, and unfortunately, I had to drive so I didn't get to take many pictures. On top of that, everyone was getting sleepy so I didn't dare stop much.

All in all though we had a great little trip. We stopped at Sundance and Cascade Springs to run around. I highly recommend taking kids to Cascade Springs. It's basically a bunch of clear pools, streams, and rivers with boardwalks over them. There's a loop hike around them that's less than a mile(only half of it is stroller friendly.) It's really neat and doesn't take super long to get to.

If you go, remember:
-It's $6 to get into the canyon after Sundance or right inside AF canyon. -Take more food and water than you think you'll need. -Timp caves is just before the loop, and it's $7 for adults.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Sweet! That sounded like fun. I love Provo Canyon so beautiful.