Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine's Day and President's Day weekend


My present from Brandy. He also gave me the book, Twilight. If you haven't read this series, you're missing out.

We had chocolate caramel fondue at home after we went to dinner. It was super good, but it was a huge batch so we had tons leftover.

Brandon got a call from his alarm company Thursday to see if we wanted to go to Vegas for the weekend for him to install. They comped our gas and hotel so we said yes. Plus, we've been meaning to go to Sin City for a while now, but hadn't had the time or money. We stayed at a new super nice Hilton. It's a timeshare place so it had a kitchen and beautiful interior. Brandon worked all day Saturday and Monday, but we got to go out on Sunday.
We went to Shark Reef(a small aquarium at Mandalay Bay), a bunch of malls, and at night Brandon took me up the Eiffel Tower(that's probably the closest I'll ever get to Paris, sadly.) We loved watching the Bellagio fountains from up top, but I think it's better from the street. The last picture is neat. It's of these parasols on the ceiling in the Wynn that randomly move up and down slowly. Check it out if you're in Vegas. It's really something.

This was part of my Valentine's gift to Brandon. I also made him a mini scrapbook. The game was so fun. We hadn't been to one since we were engaged, two years ago.

What an adventurous long weekend!

1 comment:

Kari and Joel said...

That fondue sure looks delicious! And your table looked great too. :)
I'm glad you had a fun trip!